Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pain and Misery

Our mornings are just not going well! This morning I woke up very early to crying/whining as Zachariah could not get off of his bed. He has two ingrown fingernails – his thumb and middle finger on his dominant right hand. Mind you his bad is over 5 feet off the ground and there is no ladder they have climbing wall rocks to get up and down. So I helped him down and checked out the fingers and they were very infected and irritated. So Donald who was on his way to work went to the store and got some hydrogen peroxide and came home and played field medic. He took a needle pulled back the skin and put peroxide on. I was amazed at how very grown Zachariah is becoming he just stood there like the brave little man he is. My amazement soon wore off however as Donald left he reverted back to the little boy that he is and had a bit of a melt down. I think the stress of it all gave him a stomach ache and I really do believe it hurt badly because he began bashing his head on the floor so that that pain in his head would help him forget about his throbbing fingers. I convinced him that was not the best strategy and we decided to lie down and have a rest for awhile.

When it was time to get up and get ready for school he just could not function. He couldn’t button his pants or get his shoes on, he kept bumping his hand and for whatever reason decided to come back to the strategy of hurting his head to make his hand feel less bad. He was very tired as we have had company for over a week now that has been staying up till 2 and 3am and Zachariah just told me today that he has not been sleeping until they have gone to bed. I thought he was just exaggerating but he began to tell me what had been going on like last night they made popcorn and did the dishes. I am like Zachariah and am a very light sleeper so I know that at 1:30am this morning they did make popcorn and at 2:15 they did the dishes. He also told me they had friends come to the door the night before which happened at 12:30. He wakes up by 6am regardless of when he goes to bed so he was very tired. He was determined to go to school so we got him dressed and ready which was not an easy task. The whole way to school he complained of a tummy ache and seeing multiple items like 9 fingers on one hand. So I took him back home and put him to bed. Tabitha and Tim were home so I left and went to work.

Zachariah is now awake and struggling it is nearly midnight so I am going to end for today.

No comments: